Friday, February 27, 2009

Beginning to Write

Why is it so difficult to start to write?

I recently read a book called "Writing the Successful Thesis and Dissertation" by Irene L. Clark. Good read. Who doesn't want their thesis to be successful?

There are a couple of good tips in this book about being more aware of how you write.

How do you usually write papers?
Do you plan ahead? If so, how much?
Is your revision process ongoing, at the end, or non-existent?
What do you find difficult about writing?

The book suggests you start your papers with the aspect of writing you like best. I found this to be useful to think about. Also, I really hadn't been terribly cognizant of my writing process until my very last courses within the MCS program.

My favorite part of writing is the 'handing-it-in' phase, however...can't really start with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment